Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First post

Dear reader, first posts are always a trial. What do you say?
People tell me I'm good with words, but most of the time I feel like they escape me. Like I should make myself clearer, or just generally express myself better. I try to be interesting, eloquent and funny, and yet I am always left with that nagging sensation that I've missed some key element that would have made whatever I was working on so much better.
I am a young woman amazed that she is no longer a girl, and most of the time quite unable to act like it. Music is my second nature, movies are my passion, painting is what I dream of and writing is what I'm best suited for. I don't know how to be anything but one of those flaky creative types (believe you me I have tried) and therefore I am in awe of all people capable of doing what I lovingly call "Other Stuff." Like for example understanding, and I mean really understanding math, or making sense of computers (and before you say anything, I know there are loads of creative people capable of understaning both math and computers, I'm generalising eventhough I know it's a very bad thing).
I tend to stay away from religion these days, I have concluded after some trial and error that it's not good for me. Nature is my place of worship (though I don't go there very often), I try to live by "The Golden Rule" and not fuck up the planet and/or other people in my efforts to make my way in this maze of a society that us humans have created. If there is a God or Godess, or even more of them, I have a "live and let live" policy. If they don't bother me, I won't bother them.
Politically I'd say I'm on the left side of the field with a "whatever makes the least amount of people miserable" kind of outlook.
Because people seem to find information like that relevant I might ad that I'm bisexual and currently in a very commited relationship with a woman. I want her to be the one I spend the rest of my life with.
I have a plethora of mental issues locked up in my head. A beastiarium of strange, frightening creatures that I will at times try to describe and name. I tend to do that. Name things, to give them an identity, a "face" if you will. My guitar is called Christian, and I think I might name my low self-esteem Igor, but that's a work in progress. Feel free to give me suggestions.
That's me I suppose, or at least the very, very short version of me. I hope you'll stay on and keep reading. Have a lovely day/night/morning/evening, and drop by again to read more posts by me and my wonderful friend Emma, whose idea it was to start a colab blog. Yes, reader, I do share this corner of the internet with someone, and it is all the better for it.

Love
/Hanna

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    I'll tell you just one thing - i don't believe that people who understand math are really people...they are some kind of freakish robots.
    And i love like you write- i mean if i didn't you wouldn't be writting "It started with a kiss" would you?
    You should just kill this Igor "low self-esteem" guy and quite worring ;D
    Like always i'm sorry that my english is so awful (i never said i don't have my owne 'low self-esteem guy')

    ReplyDelete