Thursday, April 9, 2009

What do I call this?

Dear readers
The sun is casting a dim light through mist that might be moisture in the air, or smoke from whatever it was that I smelt burning when I walked to see my friend to the bus-stop. I can see it through my window as I am typing, and it is quite a lovely sight. It looks almost like autumn outside now, with trees still barren, and brown leaves scattered all over the ground. But it’s a hopeful autumn, one without the dreary sense of departure.
Emma is way too modest when she says nothing she writes will compare to my avidly poetic and sometimes overworked prose, but it still made me feel very flattered that she would say that. Thank you honey!
My computer is named Zeke, after a character from the High school musical movies. That bloody trilogy is a guilty pleasure that I have no idea how I managed to acquire. A friend showed me High school musical to let me see the sheer horribleness of it, and I sat with a suitably frightened look on my face the entire thing through. Then, months later, me and my girlfriend decided to rent High school musical one and two just for laughs, and we found ourselves thinking that the movies were cute.
I still can’t believe it.
So, Zeke. My first computer was called Lorne after a character from the TV-series Angel, that I am a huge fan of. Except for when he was being naughty (and he often was) then his name was Lindsey (a character that many fans of the series would say doesn’t belong amongst the ranks of villains, but I place him there).
I’m thinking about naming my cell-phone The Comedian, after the Watchmen character, because it likes to sometimes play pranks on me that aren’t funny at all.
For example, this morning I was supposed to get up at four to see my girlfriend off to work, and we had set the time. Still we woke up at six with no idea how it had happened. Weirdest thing was that my bedside lamp was on, and I was lying on the wrong side of the bed… So okay, maybe it wasn’t the phone’s fault, I have no idea. I’m going to blame it anyway.
I’m going through a major phase of listening to the soundtrack of Disney’s Tarzan, it’s great writing to. It’s something about the drumbeats that makes my fingers fly over the keyboard like crazy. I’ve managed to hammer out a long awaited chapter to a Spike/Angel fanfic I’m writing based on this youtube video made by a very sweet person who allows me to play around with her idea and even links to my story. Awesome people are lovely to be around, don’t you think?
Now I can put that project a bit to rest again and focus on my “baby.” You see, I am a massive fan of the Hellboy movies, especially the second, and the fascinating tension and strange emotional undercurrents that passed between the villain and his twin sister has captivated me. This project too has lead to amazing creative exchanges, since some wonderful people on Deviantart actually drew pictures based on my story. I can’t believe it, and I feel so proud and honoured. Check out the art here and here if you like.
But enough promotion now.
I hope Easter brings you all joy, and a lot of candy. If you don’t celebrate Easter, I hope life in general brings you bliss.

Love
Hanna

No comments:

Post a Comment