Thursday, November 19, 2009

Not nerdy enough

I recently joined the forums over at the Spoony exmeperiment (www.spoonyexperiment.com) and I am, for real, afraid to open my mouth over there and actually say something because I'm afraid I'll just get completely ignored and disrespected. For example, liking Twilight seems to be something of a criminal offence over there. I don't like the books, but the movie is one of my absolute favourites.
Not sure what more to say about that, just something I thought about.

Speaking of nerds, I have just become OBSESSED with Jesus Christ Superstar, simply because I re-watched the version that was made in 2000. Funny thing is, I remember seeing it, but I don't remeber thinking it was that good. I might have even decided that I liked the older movie version better, which couldn't be farther from how I feel now even if it tried.

I still think the older version is good, but I love the 2000 one so much more, really just for one reason: The relationships between Jesus and Judas. In the 2000 film they are (to my eyes) basically portrayed as lovers, lovers whose relationship is falling apart around them as Jesus must fulfill his misson and Judas is filled with sorrow, anger and jealousy. But that's how I see it. It might look different to other people.

Check out the vid if you like, and form your own opinion. Or better, see the entire movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment