Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thing

Dear readers,

Wow... I'm in this mood where I actually really want to blog, but I'm not exactly sure what I want to say. I guess it's just a need to express something, whatever that something may be, and I'm not really inspired enough to try to turn that energy into writing any form of fiction.

I've gotten into another period of reading massive amounts of fanfiction however, ironically enough HP stuff. I am not really emotionally connected to those books att all, but I'll be damned if I'm not consuming huge amounts of fiction based on the characters. Actually just two, Draco and Hermione. Something about that pairing just keeps me coming back for more, eventhough most of the stories doesn't even depict the characters as I remember them from the books at all. I have yet to find a fic where Draco is anything but a creature of sublime beauty and incredible intelligence (this goes for the fics I like too actually)... Not really the guy I pictured him to be.
When it comes to Hermione people just seem to have this aversion to the word "brown", her eyes and hair are described with a multitude of words of varying degrees of appropriateness but hardly ever are they said to be just plain old brown.

But I'm not going to sit here and bitch about everything that's "wrong" with Draco/Hermione fics, or just fanfiction in general. People write what they want, and most of the time it just so happens that it's not what I want. Yet another reason to get back to my writing, I suppose.

Therefore, to change the subject slightly: I've gotten myself an account on Library Thing, where you catalogue your books online, and see who else owns the same books as you and stuff along those lines. It is strangely addictive: www.librarything.com

In a few days I will once more try my hand at classic roleplaying, the kind with dices and actually seeing the people you're playing with. Call of Cthulu. I feel sorry for the others in the gang, because I suck at this kind of thing. HARD. But apparently that's ok and they still want me there, so yay for me having awesome friends!

I think I'll actually just wrap this thing up now, see y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment